Ride Along Program, Critical Care Courses and Seminars
Boston MedFlight is one component of a much bigger critical care delivery team that includes clinicians and caregivers from our region’s hospitals, fire personnel, police, first responders, paramedics and EMTs. If we all understand each other’s operations, roles and responsibilities, the better care and service we will provide to our patients and their families. And at the end of the day, that’s all that matters.
To give other professionals in the critical care continuum the opportunity to get to know us, we developed our educational and development programs. The goal is to provide our partners in care with a detailed understanding of our environment and our capabilities.
The Boston MedFlight Ride Along Program provides the opportunity to accompany our teams in our aircraft and ground transport vehicles. First developed as a training tool for potential Boston MedFlight employees, we now offer Ride Alongs to first-responder partners and hospital-based clinicians (including nurses and physicians doing residencies or fellowships).
Conferences and Specialty Care Courses:
Boston MedFlight also offers specialized courses for healthcare professionals and emergency first responders looking to improve or add to their critical care skill sets.
FCCS: The Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) course is sponsored by the Society of Critical Care Medicine and provides exposure to the essential principles of critical care. The course, which consists of lectures and skill stations, offers guidance for decision making in the care of critically ill patients during the initial hours of management.
PFCCS: The Pediatric Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (PFCCS) course, sponsored by the Society of Critical Care Medicine, includes lectures and skill stations that address the core components of the early management of critically ill, pediatric patients.
Here is a list of our upcoming courses. Online registration will be made available as the course date approaches:
15 - 22
Fundamental Critical Care Support
(a two-day course)
2017 Critical Care Conference
Annual November Critical Care Conference
Our lineup includes:
- Greg Shovak EMTP: PTSD in EMS Providers
- Dr Anupam Bapu Jena: Thinking Differently in Healthcare
- Dr Carlos Duran: Pediatric Sepsis
- Maj. Patrick Kadilac NP: Triage Decisions/Considerations in Mass Disasters with Limited Resources
- Fred Jeffries EMTP: When Smart Isn't Enough
- Up In The Air: You Decide the Lecture by Michael Frakes
- ...and more to come!
To qualify for our Ride Along Program, you must:
- Be employed by an EMS agency or hospital in the Boston MedFlight service area and have been in good standing with your employer for at least one year
- Not have participated in a Ride Along at any time within the past 36 months
- Weigh less than 210 lbs fully clothed (helicopter Ride Alongs only)
- Not suffer from motion sickness (helicopter Ride Alongs only)
- If you’re interested in a Ride Along, contact us.